Proposed Budget Topic is solved

This is a place to request and discuss builtin features of the 1090XLR expansion box
Forum rules
Rules for RFCs

1. This is not a method to report an error. There's a forum for that elsewhere on the site.
2. Keep request to a specific single item. No everything including the kitchen sink requests.
3. Determine if it is a need or a want. Rationalize that need....a need will have a higher priority over a want.
4. Always be aware of the intersection of cost, space and function.
5. Don't forget to build on what's gone before. Don't reinvent the wheel, modify it for the most benefit, not just this one thing.
6. Don't paint yourself into a corner and try not to build on something that is still shaking.
7. Pictures and links to information are always valuable.
8. Be aware that some will like and some will hate your RFC. That's okay. They are okay too.
TimothyKline

Proposed Budget

Post by TimothyKline » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 am

Good morning, Dropcheck, and thank you for setting this project into motion with a forum and site focusing on your 1090XLR expansion!

[I wasn't sure where else to post this, so if it's off-topic for this section of the forum please feel free to relocate it.]

On your Proposed Budget page, you have a total cost of $654.38.

I'm not sure whether I understand this correctly, but it looks like that would be for the manufacturing of 10 units, right? These would then go out to the developers?

The other two questions are, as an individual who is very interested in this for personal usage: Short of the expansion cards, what will the built-in features be at the time of release? And will release occur before, concurrent with, or after the developers receive theirs?

Thank you, in advance!
--Tim

dropcheck
Site Admin

Re: Proposed Budget  Topic is solved

Post by dropcheck » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm

At this time all of the units are considered prototypes and developer only models.

When the actual production models are available I am expecting that some basic features will be available. I am expecting at least five card slots, 2 serial and 1 parallel ports, and of course the necessary power supplies. We are talking about possibly adding some degree of microcomputer assistance, but no real details right now. It's just an idea.

First though we want to make sure that the expansion box is functional. Once we have that, I suspect that some developers will start working on internal cards, possibly converting some existing PBI/ECI devices to save time. Hopefully there will be at least a couple or more cards available at the same time as the production 1090XLR models are available.